Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Muffin Man

I decided it was about time I cooked something for Ethan. So I had a look through my copy of the BLW Cookbook and decided to try some of the carrot muffins. Josh had a great time helping me make them, which was an added bonus! He is a little Masterchef, after all! Ethan sat in his high chair while we mixed up the batter, but by the time they were in the oven it was time for his next nap. So when the muffins came out of the oven and had cooled enough to be picked up, of course I had my own little food critic Josh waiting to try one! He liked them so much he pinched another one when i wasn't looking!

When Ethan finally rose from his slumber, he had his lunchtime milk, and a while after that I sat him in his chair and let him at the muffin. He loved it! It's a great feeling when something made especially for him is received well! All that was left at the end of the expedition were a few crumbs on the tray and bits and pieces on his chair. The remaining muffins have been frozen, ready to take out whenever we need. They should be good little morsels to take out and about with us when required.

This morning at breakfast time I thought I would try something a bit different to his usual weetbix or porridge. He hadn't had toast at breakfast for a while, so instead of spreading on some avocado, I decided to give french toast a whirl! The crusts were nice and soft and didn't need to be cut off, so it was quite a large serve. I cut it into 4 soldiers and at the end of his meal there was only one soldier left! Another hit with the little munchkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment