Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pasta Pasta Pasta

I cooked up a simple tomato based sauce for Ethan to have with pasta. It was another recipe from the BLW cookbook, and I must say it was quite tasty! It might actually be the recipe I use from now on! The reason I made the pasta sauce was because we were having prawns for our dinner, and didn't want to risk giving Ethan shellfish. So i whipped up the yummy tomato based sauce, and froze a few little containers of it as well to use another time. The pasta was definitely a big hit! I am not sure if it was just improved motor skills, or the fact that he liked the sauce, but there was definitely a large amount of pasta ingested! A few weeks prior he was having trouble getting the pasta spirals into his mouth. Oh and of course there was a lot of mess involved, but its all good fun, and nothing a few wet wipes couldn't fix. Aside from the plastic covered seat of the high chair, which now has a slight orange tinge - if anyone could tell me what to get that off with I would be grateful!





I also whipped up some rice pudding from the BLW cookbook - minus sugar, insert stewed fruit for sweetness. I also added a bit of cinnamon for extra flavour. It was actually quite tasty, and Josh thought so too, polishing off a big bowl of it. Ethan quite enjoyed it, although it didn't really stick to a spoon very well, so I put it on his high chair tray and let him get his hands in there.

Toast is still a big hit, and this morning he had his first ever taste of vegemite. He seemed to like it - yep he is defintely an Aussie!

No comments:

Post a Comment