Friday, March 11, 2011

Get your tooth into it!!

Well I am very proud to announce that Ethan cut his first tooth yesterday! He did it with such grace too - not even a peep from him about it, he just sat there smiling during all his awake time the days previous, and night sleeping was not interrupted at all! So you can imagine my surprise when I did my daily inspection of his gums to find a little clear tip of a tooth on his bottom gum! My little man is growing up :(

Onto eating - he is really improving his motor skills now. He often passes food from one hand to another. He is also developing his grip - learning how tight he needs to hold soft foods so he doesn't squash them. i had cut up some very ripe pear for him and as I passed him the first piece he took it so carefully and gently from me. Even when he picked the other bits off the high chair tray he was very gentle with it. Another thing I have seen him do is while holding a bit of food in his fist he will use his thumb on his other hand and poke it into the bottom of his fist so the bit of food comes further out the top of his fist! Now that was quite amazing!

Occasionally he gets a little over-excited with a bit of food, and either sticks too much in his mouth, or not chewing enough before he swallows it. So today while he was having lunch i was sitting in front of him, and put a bit of pear in my mouth and showed him how i was chewing slowly and then swallowing. He sat there copying my chewing movements! It was quite comical. Then he had a little giggle. Funny little dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment