Friday, March 25, 2011

Savour the flavour

So now that Ethan is really getting into eating, he is very willing to try anything, and usually loves it! The other day he had Butter Chicken, steamed rice and steamed veges. He actually ate more than his brother, who seems to be going through a fussy stage at dinner time. Josh tends to eat more during the day at the moment and at dinner will take it or leave it.


Last night Ethan tucked into Tuscan Meatballs and rigatoni pasta. He ate almost every scrap off his tray, and for once there wasn't a huge amount on his lap when I pulled the tray off.

He is also just starting to commando crawl, but of course does it in his own special way - backwards! I am sure all this extra movement will make him even more hungry!

We had his 8 month check up at the Child Health Nurse (CHN) yesterday. He is going great guns - weighing in at 11.4kg (off the charts) and his length is now 76cm (97th percentile). The CHN was telling me that I should start introducing finger foods now, and cut back on purees. I told her Ethan has never had purees, and she said that she wished more people would do that! She can't believe the number of people who are still trying to stop their babies eating purees well into their first year.

Its so easy doing BLW - I love that i can get 4 plates or bowls out and we all eat the same thing! I just wish I had done it 2 years ago with Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment