Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fritter away!

I made Ethan some vegetable fritters for dinner this afternoon, and they went down a treat! I did grated carrot, zucchini, onion and cheese. He ate more than he has ever eaten before, finishing off almost 2 fritters! On top of that he also had some salad vegetable sticks and some cheese. He is really getting into his food now! And as an added bonus, Josh also got into some of the fritters, wanting to be like his little brother! It seems I have found a good way to increase Josh's vegetable intake!

Until the last few days I have only been offering Ethan 2 meals each day, but now that he seems happy to eat a bit more i have added lunch as well. Usually he enjoys a piece of fruit or a few finger sandwiches with vegemite and cheese or avocado.

Ethan has developed a rather annoying noise - a high pitched squealing, and he knows how to use it! If i put him in his high chair then walk back to the kitchen to get his meal or a forgotten spoon - "ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!". How on earth such a noise comes out of such a little human being I do not know! He also does it if i disappear from his sight for a few seconds. He must have figured out that its quite effective at getting me to come back asap!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can I have that fritter recipe by any chance please? Would love to try my daughter on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure! i found the recipe online, here is the link to it.
    http://www.freshforkids.com.au/recipes/pdf/zucchini_carrot_fritters.pdf

    ReplyDelete